MEDICAL DOCTOR: prim.mag. Igor KOREN, dr.med, specialist of internal medicine and pulmonology
- Enrolment in the Medical faculty at University of Ljubljana in October 1976, diploma at the same faculty on 18th of September 1981.
- On 10th of June 1987 completed two-semester studies of Pulmonology at Medical Faculty in Ljubljana.
- Thesis: Performance of flexible bronchoscopy for the diagnosis of lung tumors
- On 23rd of December Master`s degree in clinical medical sciences at the Medical Faculty in Ljubljana. Master`s thesis: Cells in broncho-alveolar lavage fluid of asthma patients
- On 23rd of June 1986 competed specialization in internal medicine in Ljubljana
- Title Head of department was obtained in 1997
- From 1st of March 2000 onwards judicial expert in internal medicine
- Fourteen years Head of the Intensive care unit at Hospital Topolšica
- Seven years Head of the Pulmonary department at Hospital Topolšica
- Regular annual postgraduate education seminars at home and abroad.
- The winner of Prešern prize for students and Levičnik prize for scientific research work in the field of respiratory medicine
- First author of 37 professional articles in domestic in foreign literature.
- In 2011 acquired specialization in respiratory medicine from the previous work
- General supervisor for residents in internal medicine